Audi Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ever since installing the new US map software my navigation hasn't automatically starting route guidance by itself like it used to.

Has anyone else noticed this?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
It would be good if they have fixed that US-only bug.

It looks like only the US got bug fixes with the 2007 DVDs - the 2007 EU DVD (SW0550) still has the MIX fault and hasn't had the top 2 lines of the DIS tidied up.

·
Registered
117 Posts
What is that problem that you are talking about, the top 2 lines of the DIS?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
dbgtr said:
What is that problem that you are talking about, the top 2 lines of the DIS?
Yes.

With navigation active US SW 0150 uses the top 2 lines of the DIS more efficiently (MP3 is no longer displayed so there is more room for the track name etc.).

With EU SW 0550 one line is still wasted showing "MP3 TP", like it was with earlier US SW versions.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Ah,

Ok, now I know what you mean.

Doesn't really bother me much the MP3 line on top of the DIS as I normally put the navigation info off in the DIS.

·
Registered
9 Posts
2007 DVD software

I hope this software fixes the problem. I have been dealing with this issue on a 2006 A4 Avant in NY. We actually had to film the process ( got in the car and drove for 2 hours ) so that the factory rep would see it. Everytime we brought the car in, they said they couldnt duplicate the problem. We have had an open case with Audi for almost a year. Finally a while ago they acknowledged that ONE OTHER CAR on the east coast of US was experiencing the problem. Keeping fingers crossed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have a question about 3D exit views. I've read that they should be displayed as soon as RNS-E is upgraded to ver.0150. For some reason I can't get mine to work. The route exits are sstill being shown as 2D. My unit (previously EU) seems to be converted correctly. One thing I noticed, that people who say it is working for them, have the HW revision higher, like H71. Here are my HW/SW/Map parameters:

system DW index: 0150
HW index: H50
Map database index: NN0603
HU/Navi SW version: V222027E
Boot version: V220100D
Audio SW version: A2220134-280705

Is the HW rev too low for the 3D views to work or something else is not right?

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I still have yet to see any 3D exits.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I see them all the time and my unit is H47. It depends on the road. In my area, they only work for interstates. not other major roads that may have grade separation interchanges.

One thing to note: this ONLY works if you also have the new map DVD in your unit. If you just install the 0150 firmware but are using an old map DVD, then this will NOT work.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I need to check to see what hardware I have but I've used it quite a bit since the new software. I have been to North Carolina, West Virginia, Ohio and everywhere in between those states all the way back home in Florida and not seen them.

I post up my hardware just for sake.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Todd,
I've seen the 3-D exits while driving in Jax. Not all, but some, do have this feature. One I can think of off the top of my head is traveling I-95 N and then on to I-10, that exit has the 3-D. Also, the I-295 / I-95 interchange has them as well.
[Edit]
I take that back....I looked today driving I-295 S then continuing on 9A and there was no 3-D preview. I believe it does show up if you go on I-95.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.