Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had an RNS-E in my S4. I totaled the car and sold the RNS-E to a local member.

The radio code that came with the RNS-E has been misplaced and I got the RNS-E from Ebay. The seller said he doesn't have the RNS-E code anymore and the only copy of the code was sent to me when he shipped the item.

Is there a way to find out the radio security code?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
The Audi dealership can get the PIN code from the serial number of the unit. The serial number can only be found by entering engineering mode on the unit.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Not really. Audi keeps a log of radio serial numbers and corresponding codes and your dealer is the only way to get the code. But some dealers do not like to contact Germany to get the code and some other dealers require that the radio/navi is installed in a car so that they can do the lookup online.

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Loosing PIN is pretty bad...

..did you ever seen this PIN or just assumed that it came with the package. reason I ask is that many eBay sellers list damaged units or units with no PINs. I heard already with few cases when someone got rid of his units because there was no PIN. In this case you could return unit to seller.

Otherwise there you can check engineering mode or ask dealer to retrieve your PIN from serial number. I'm not sure if they will need matching VIN as well.

·
Registered
20 Posts
hmm it is possible to get pin from unit :!: but i dont know if someone is doing that things in usa,in poland yes :)

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
I think I know what you are talking about, I read about it on some electronic forum..but this would involve removing EEPROM to read files directly to special software. This chip is so tiny that its pretty much impossible to do it without hot air iron.

Before CD based firmware replacement method was introduced I taught about loading US firmware directly to EEPROM this way, but there is big chance that chip could be damaged in the process. I know at least 2 guys with units bought from eBay with either corrupted software or damaged chip.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unfortunately, the PIN is easy to get. There are a few ways to do, but I think that is better that we don't talk too much of that, anyway, some guys sells calculators that can get the PIN of our Aisin navi, just use Google and you'll find it.

Audi dealers (at least the ones I know) have a small app to get the pin, you introduce the VIN and S/N and it shows the PIN, but they use a database to do that, for the latests navis that operation needs to be done on-line because Audi does not update that database anymore.

Regards

1 - 7 of 7 Posts