Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I basically followed NSXJR how-to for my b5 a4 install. However, when I got to the part about switching 2 pins to CAN H and CAN L on the vehicle harness (not the one behind the instrument cluster, the one that plugs into the rns-e) I noticed that there were two twisted wires already going to pin 7 and 12... does this mean the CAN wires are already there and that I don't have to change anything? I connected the RNS-e just to check and the GPS is getting 6 sattelites but the only problem is the rns-e doesn't light up.

I hope all that made sense.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You have to code the cluster #17 channel 62 to 5 to enable the CAN on those pins if the previously installed radio didn't use CAN - which is likely the case in a B5.

·
Registered
167 Posts
I had these wires already for Sat Nav III in my B5, trace the leads to your stereo unit and see if they are there.

Mine went to the boot (for Sat Nav III) so I just added my wires direct to the cluster, if you're already there then why not? It's only 2 wires.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.