Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I'm might be a little off, since this is Navigation forum, but recently I sent my car to EU and I want to change my radio from US to EU Symphony non Bose. Is this plug & play, or do I need some adjustments to do regarding inputs, etc. Are these two radio in/outputs exactly the same.
If, would someone had info like part # which would fit / swap. I was planning on to swap it for Navi, but for now I'll just go with the radio. Also can anybody recommend the iPod adapter for the EU symphony radio. BTW my car is A4 - 2003.
Thanks a lot guys !!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Should be a direct swap with no wiring changes. To be sure, check the diagrams on the top cover of each radio and confirm that the pin assingments are the same but as far I can tell, they are.

Same for the iPod adapter, Dension or Audi are the most common, both available in the North America and Europe. They are using the CD changer port. If you later upgrade to the RNS-E you won't be able to add a CD changer (but you will be able to keep your iPod adapter).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Great .. thanks so much for you reply, this is just what I needed to hear. Also, does anybody have experience with CONEXX iPod adapter? I found it on German Ebay for around $70 and I'd like to purchase it, but I'd like to hear your opinions first which are of course greatly appreciated.
Thanks again!! Marek

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would go with the original. Either the Audi adapter or the Dension IceLink Plus. I have both and prefer the Dension. Unless you have seen how the ebay adapter works, or can return it if you don't like it, stay with an adapter which is known working.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts