Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, i bought an A3 with RNS-E, I had sw 080, i wanted to update this version with nav dvd europe 2006-1, when i inserted the dvd it update the RNS-E sotfware to 460, but after the installation, it ask me the nav dvd, so it doesn't recognize my nav dvd. And when i insert it again it's recognize as the upgrade dvd and not the nav dvd.
How can I read the dvd as nav dvd??
Thanks

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Use an original DVD and not a copy. Or get a backup DVD that is confirmed working.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The backup dvd is still working on an other car. So i don't understand why it doesn't work on mine?
Is something else to do.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Some DVD drives are don't like certain media, some others do. Start with an original DVD to make sure that your DVD drive is OK. The try to use a backup. If the backup doesn't work, try to make a backup on a different brand DVD writer or media.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A4 Avant Quattro 2004 same problem

Today I bought a brand new DVD version 2006_1.
I had SW 0080; HW 046 and after a lot of playing diskjockey (again and again the message "disk unreadable") I now have SW 0460. During almost 45 minutes of installation all buttons were blocked. After each message I inserted the disk again and the installation went on. But I still don't have nav data. The system asks for the nav cd.

So this looks like a copy of what happened to Lolofrench except that I use a brand new original Audi DVD part number T1000-10465 (=8P0 919 884 K 2006_1).
Has anybody a good idea for this situation??

Gert

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Sounds like your DVD drive is dirty or damaged. If an original, not scratched or dirty DVD doesn't work then it's almost always the drive. You can try a cleaning CD/DVD but if that doesn't work you drive may need to get replaced.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Should have been caused by a dirty DVD-player.
After one day I tried again and the DVD was accepted without any problem.
I will clean the unit to prevent this happening again.
Thanks for your reply.

Gert

By the way: Everything works, and my telephone unit shows a new message saying that I can answer or reject incoming phonecalls. I still cannot dial a number with the large selection button. Phone asks for spoken instructions when I push the telephone button on my MFL.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Chekc if the phone interface on #77 is a 8P0 part with index C, F or higher. If thats the case you will need to recode the RNS-E and phone intefrace to support the enhanced functionality. If the phone interface is index E, D or without index it must be replaced to get the new features.

·
Registered
3 Posts
A4 Avant B6 model

It took some time but today I have e new RNS-E unit in my car. My former unit was broken down, DVD mechanism did not function properly anymore. The dealer could not tell me which version of the unit (refurbished) they placed in my car but as from now on I use HW 58. The difference is in an extra clock in the screen of the RNS-E unit and a slightly different presentation of the phone.
I still don't have en new phone unit, which means that untill now I still cannot dial a number with the multifuncion button.
Most important thing is that I am have with the availability of the actual maps.
So now I have:
SW 0460
HW 58
Map P2N060922_EN0506
It works fine and uo-to-date for The Netherlands!

regards,

Gert van den Berg
Tilburg, NL

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.