Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend of mine wants to update his nav to the new 2007 dvd that i have but his nav is still showing the X---, i don't know how to prepare files to do the update to convert from EU to full US.

can some help me out with where to download it?

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Try reading the discussion titled "Just another guy stuck trying to upgrade the software"...

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This engineering mode info

SW X---
HW 55
MN DATA BASE INDEX NN0312
HU/NAVI V222057B
BOOT VERSION V220100D
AUDIO SW VERSION A2220132-110505

can some one send me the flash update that i could just burn to a cd?
i am not good with softwear..

[email protected]

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You don't need an update CD because your RNS-E is already in US mode. What you need is access to a VAG-COM, remove the DVD, change #37 channel 97 to 1, save the value, insert the original US DVD, let it update and then change change channel 97 back to 0.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I don t have the original dvd , it is a copy of the 2006 dvd . is that why it will not update ? i make the changes with vag as stated but no changes..

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
A working backup should do the job as well but if it's a 2006 DVD you will loose the 2007 / sw 0150 features if you do the VAG-COM trick. If you unit is workign fine I would wait until the 2008 DVD gets released and get that DVD to do the clean up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
i just got my copy of 2007 dvd map disc, and it just doesn't work, says please check Navigation DVD.
also when you put in the dvd, update software cd/dvd 0150 shows on the screen.
here is my sw ver. and it's x---, i try to upgrade it, and it doesn't work, tried to vag-com it on adaption 97 change to 1, then tried both copies of 2006 and 2007 dvd map discs, and nothing happened.
here is the screen shot from it, and please some one help me out.......how to make the new 2007 dvd map disc work on my Euro>US RNS-E work.
also on my 2007 dvd disc the index file shows
SOFIDX:0150
NAVVER:V222027E
AUDVER:A2220134
all 3 version is higher than whats on the RNS-E.
plz help!! thank you!!
[/url]

·
Registered
6 Posts
Where's the best place to get a correct DVD?

I've got a european version (an 8E0 035 192 D Audi A4 Europe, MY 2005). I've already spent $120 for the WRONG DVD.

What's the best way and how can I get a recent (2006/7) DVD?

Thx (wasting hard earned money!!)

Mike

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
What's the definition of best? The original DVD in the US is $199 plus shipping from Navteq, in Europe it's a little more expensive but there are plenty of auctions for the 2006 and 2007 DVD these days. If you got the right DVD (part number starts with 8P0 or clearly states it's an RNS-E DVD) but your RNS-E doesn't accept it because it's from the other region, then post some more details about your RNS-E and I'm sure we wil be able to help you getting this fixed.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
got it to work. i did a down grade with a 0110 softwear cd only and install the 2007 dvd and i now got the 0150 softwear and 07 dvd nav working perfect.

Thanks to everyone.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts