Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
in the middle of installing d-navi im my 2000 S4....everything so far went pretty smooth but now came across a problem...on the conector 2(8 pin) ...im not suppose to do anything to this connector its for what seems to be the speakers connection...from my install directions i have with me it says pins 3,4,5, and 6 should be the same for both nav+ and the stock symphony head unit (not sure if it matters but i have the bose system)but heres my problem ...theres no pin 3 (loudspeaker FR +)or 4(Loudspeaker FR -) on this factory harness/connector...the only pins that the connector has is pin 5(loudspeaker FL +) and pin 6(Loudspeaker FL -)...both pin 5 and 6 have 2 wires each leading to the pins....is this ok??? both install write ups i have state there is pins 3,4,5 and 6....i dont know what to do...any help would be great....sorry if my writing sucks im posting this thread from my cell phone....thanks alot

·
Registered
996 Posts
no need to fret. Based on your detailed description (many thanks...by the way), your B5 S4 has Bose, and those two pins are for the small passive speaker in your A or B pillar. As opposed to the active speakers in your doors, rear shelf and subwoofer (all power by the Bose amp).

Go ahead and connect it up....like you were going to do. Just make sure to VAG your car appropriately. I believe the Nav/lady voice will come out of that passive speaker when giving you audio instructions.

Good luck!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts