Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just installed the RNS E unit in my 2002 a4 2.4 (yes, european one!). I have a bose system installed. I noticed that the navigation voice only comes out of the right speaker (no problem hearing it), i was just wondering whether i have to check my cables or whether this is normal? There is a hands free unit installed in the car and i am not sure whether this is the speaker that is ''causing the sound''.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
If adaptation channel 136 is set to 13 (US) or 2632 (EU) then it's been set for a RHD car and the navigation instructions will only come from the front right speaker.

Setting adaptation channel 136 to 5 (US) or 3226 (EU) will make the navigation voice only come from the front left speaker.

Sounds like your RNS-E is working as it should.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can i check these channels on the rns e unit, or should i use my vagcom device? Thanks for your help!

Do you perhaps know as well how i can change the language to dutch? It is not on the dvd. Do i need a different dvd, or can this be sey somewhere else?

regards, frank

(sounds extremely good, an rs4 in order!!)

·
Registered
114 Posts
On my B5 S4 the nav lady comes from all speakers when it has the US firmware and from the driver front when the firmware is Euro. The coding for 0136 is set to 5 in both cases.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
You need to use VAG-COM.

Dutch is, unfortunately, not available - nor even planned.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Is there any reason why I can't vag ch. 136 to 03226. Every time I try it doesn't take. I can only code it 005 or 0013.

·
Registered
114 Posts
After testing a little more I have discovered even more interesting things:

ch136:
0 = Driver front
5 = All speakers
13 = Passenger front

US 0110/2A - 2000 S4

It won't take any number above 18. Strange things are afoot.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
The only values specified with US firmware are 0, 5 and 13 - sounds like your RNS-E is working fine.

The 2632 and 3226 are only specified with EU firmware.

·
Registered
114 Posts
PetrolDave said:
The only values specified with US firmware are 0, 5 and 13 - sounds like your RNS-E is working fine.

The 2632 and 3226 are only specified with EU firmware.
That explains it.

I just couldn't believe it wouldn't take the EU coding since it did before. I found the the setting of '0', while nice that it is on the driver side, lowers the volume of the music when giving instructions. I found that to be pretty annoying. Maybe because I was used to it the other way.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts