Audi Forum banner

Navigation DVD Unreadable???

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  HX_Guy 
#1 ·
Ok, I just installed my nav unit, and I'm getting this error. The disc is only readable intermittently and I have to remove it and reinsert it 3 times sometimes before it will load.

Should i try a DVD lens cleaner? or is it just a regular lens cleaner CD? since i know the unit cant play video DVDs... which one do i need? I recall reading that someone did this somewhere and it worked. help!

See less See more
#4 ·
Several people reported that backups may not last that long, especially in hot areas. Try the original or a fresh backup. If that doesn't help the lense may be dirty or the drive needs to be calibrated. A repair shop for car stereo equipment may be able to help in this case.

#9 ·
I doubt this is an answer...but for some reason it seems to be working for my RNS E.

I've started getting this message lately and whenever I do, I press "RETURN" on the RNS E and for some odd reason, it clears the message and goes back to the NAV screen like normal.

It has not failed for me yet, seems to work to fix it. Give it a try and see if it does anything on your RNS E.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.