Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just installed a phatnoise with my RNS-E and cannot figure out how to easily navigate through the songs. Based on what I've read, theres no way to display the text on the screen, right? How are the folders arranged on the phatnoise? They seem to be split all over the place between CD's 1-6. Can anyone give me any pointers on how to navigate through them, or how to better set up the phatnoise so this can be done? Thanks.

·
Registered
367 Posts
You need to read the instructions on how SSA operates. By selecting a "CD" from the CD list screen, you select what mode the PhatBox will cycle through your playlists: CD 2, for instance is by playlist name while CD 4 is by artist name.

When you're in the playlist mode, the "previous track" and "next track" buttons on the top right of the RNS-E will step between entries. In artist mode, if you hold them down, the PhatBox will cycle through the letters of the alphabet so you can skip between artists quicker. The other function you will find handy is the "Scan" selection on the "CD control" screen--it will cause the PhatBox to announce the current track information.

This SSA "cheat sheet" may also be of some help:

http://www.phatnoise.com/downloads/SSA_Glove_Box_Guide.pdf

·
Registered
737 Posts
Do a search for phatnoise on the Nav forums, I have a configuration file that makes the Phatbox a little more user friendly with the Nav Plus head unit.[/flash]

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.