Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
996 Posts
I don't think that the original A3 came with a double din center console...and only has a slot for the single din Concert head unit. Therefore, you would have to do some major fabrication to get one to fit.

If you could get it to fit, i'm sure you wire it up so it would be functional...but I don't think you'll be able to get radio/nav info to the DIS in the instrument cluster.

Not sure....just some random thoughts. Good luck!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yes, you're right, it isn't physically compatible, he would have to update the center console to a new one. My doubt is about the wires... i'll try to put some photos here

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The brown connector is speakers, the black one is for power, light and K-wire. Check the label on top of the Concert head unit for the exact layout.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Up with this!

With only that 2 connectors, power and speackers on the next image

and a can Emulator like they sell on ebay (Artikelnummer: 150114156303)

is he available to install the RNS-E?

I remember once again that the car doesn't have the 3rd horizontal connector...[/b]

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
I don't think that the original A3 came with a double din center console...and only has a slot for the single din Concert head unit. Therefore, you would have to do some major fabrication to get one to fit.

If you could get it to fit, i'm sure you wire it up so it would be functional...but I don't think you'll be able to get radio/nav info to the DIS in the instrument cluster.

I used to have a 2000 MY 8L S3 with a double DIN Symphony II radio - so the genuine parts are (or at least were) available to modify the centre console.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PetrolDave said:
TeddyBGame said:

I used to have a 2000 MY 8L S3 with a double DIN Symphony II radio - so the genuine parts are (or at least were) available to modify the centre console.
i know, I have a 2001 A3 8L and i have now a RNS-E on it! :wink:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts