Audi Forum banner

Navi Help

1K views 10 replies 3 participants last post by  Benario 
#1 ·
Hi guys well I purchased a RNS-E nav unit a few months ago and it works great I just have one problem. When I drive sometimes the nav arrow goes off the roads and finds its self off road but I am on major roads and such it almost seems like the unit is not calibrated or something does anyone know if there is was way to fix this problem I love the unit I just wish I would stay on the roads.
Thanks a lot in advance for your help guys
Omri

#7 ·
Hey guys so my navi is officially fucked. I was driving today and my navi went off road like usual so I did what you guys said and took a look at my satellites to see how many I was getting and it was anywhere from 7 to 8 and I was told I only need 3 to 4 for it to work properly.
And now I cant even use my navi because when I put in the navi disk it says cd unreadable or something that like and I tried resetting to factory setting and it worked for like 2 sec and now I dose not work at all I need help guys can anyone help me
Thanks so much
Omri

#8 ·
it looks like GPS signal or speed signal is interrupted by something. Observe if during driving your arrow is moving smooth or is "jumping".

Double check your wires.

SAT reading is calculated based on 3 factors:
- GPS signal
- MAP data
- Speed signal

For the map ...it could be dirty laser eye or temp/humid sensor.
[siteimg:77ecf4578d]583[/siteimg:77ecf4578d]

You can try backup your map on different media and test it.
If this doesn't work..try OEM Audi DVD

#10 ·
map location problem could be related to many things but most common are speed signal and antenna placement. Try to move your antenna to different place and test again.

For DVD problem just try to copy your maps on new media or test OEM DVD. Even if your laser got misaligned OEM DVD should work.

#11 ·
i think i am going to hook it up to my sharkfin i think that is going to be the best place for the sat how much do you sell the cable for is there anything we can work out. i have had this problem since day one and i really cant take it anymore i should of told you the first day that i had the problem. please help me out thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.