Audi Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
***while using navi system***

Well maybe...I have come to the conclusion that this happens when GPS loses its signal...I was driving into the city, same way I took last time. This time I left navi on just in case I get lost. Well anyway at the same spot last time I was down there it went haywire on me. I was going nuts, but after a few seconds I hear the voice "continue on this road for nine miles" then I hit RETURN, and boom back on track. it may or may not be the reason, but none the less i figure i put in my .02 cents. might work for yall! i also tested it at another location that seems to drop signal, and tada it works! so like i said; maybe, maybe not...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Some guys on navi-forum.net (German) reported that they to reset the RNS-E to factory defaults to get rid of a DVD not readable error. They were both using Euro 0500 though but it might be worth a try as well.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
it's somewhere under setup. But don't forget, this will delete all personal information.

·
Registered
41 Posts
^^^

So it is a little hole where you can use a paper clip? i tried to look for 'something' under setup (you meant the button, right?), but couldn't find much.

do you want to do this when power is being fed to the unit? or after i have unplugged everything.

i dont care if im going to lose all of my data. at this point, im willing to try ANYTHING.

Thanks!!!

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, I meant in the setup menu there is somewhere a submenu with an entry that allows you to restore factory settings.

·
Registered
41 Posts
^^^

GENIUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

it started to work again!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

THANKS GUYS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm jumping up and down while watching Grey's Anatomy and my girl friend thinks i won the powerball...

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Glad I could help.

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
I also experienced yesterday a read error, after swapping my RNS-E unit for a H-version. I swapped a backup DVD, that's was working fine without any problems last year in my D-unit with 0500 SW. Inserting it in the new unit with SW 0460 gave almost immediatly the 'dvd unreadable' message. It gave me the feeling that maybe the SW 0500 gives an improvement in less sensitivity for read errors. I'm gonna update my unit to SW 0500 today, and will try it again and keep you informed. Maybe this is the 'new feature' of the SW 0500..

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
Haaggie said:
confirmed! Using the SW 0500 makes your DVD player less vulnerable for read errors! Now my DVD is playing normally. No back to default settings necessary.
How did you upgraded the software from 0460 to 0500? Have you a new DVD or what else?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts