Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

Is there anyway to turn off that annoying warning page when my Nav + turns on?

Thanks in Advance!

Chris

A3/Nav+/Blue

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
If you have an A3 then you have the RNS-E and not the MMI and in this case the answer is no.

·
Registered
22 Posts
warning removal?

I also have an A3 But I thought it Was MMI as well as thats what ehe splash screen says.... am I missing something... If it is MMI is there a way to turn of warning?

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
If you have an A3 then it IS an RNS-E.

The MMI message is confusing, but it just means that the RNS-E uses an MMI-style of interface. MMI is ONLY fiited to the new A6, new A8 and Q7.

Anyways - the warning appears on both US MMI and RNS-E. The only way to turn it off is to move to Europe - we don't get the warning screen!

·
Registered
22 Posts
regarding Warning removal

I have a 2007 A3, and it bugs the hell out of me that I have to hit enter before even seeing my radio functions.(as it does for so many of you too)

I could live with the system, if it only gave the warning when I hit the NAV button for the first time at power up.NOT

Have been doing some thinking on this.... And talking umongst other car owners, prius/lexus... they have a pretty big user base and a few advantages.. seperate nav/display etc..

I have been reading, that by changing Regions to EUR with VAGCOM, it will solve problem and I have heard conflicting that it does not correct the problem. Also maybe with side effects to radio functions, etc. Maybe someone who has done can comment.

However I was thinking something else since the nag only comes up once during power up and once durring motion Nav entry. cant we develope one of th following things.

1. A way to keep the CPU/Memory in the RNS running even with POWER off. thus never thinking its shutdown. and I am thinking a limited supply support here not the full unit.(internal mod).

2. Some kinda PIC (Internal) device that when powering up the very first thing it does is tap the Enter (jog).

3. Doing some thought if this function is reported or corrected over CAN bus. If anything is there on the bus data, then a simple device that talks on the CAN bus and acknowledges the command will be suffice.

I am an electrical engineer so all my thoughs are not in decompile the OS code, but more a work around in hardware to solve a sofware problem.

any thoughts are welcome...

Frank

·
Registered
22 Posts
NONAG issues

Ok All looks like I am behind the times...

I have done some research on the web and found many posts to the "no-NAG device from generator labs....

This is exactly what I was thinking about. however looks as though generator labs is no longer.

so there are several other sites I found with schematics on using basic stuff to correct the startup NAG..

Will not solve the Motion one, but the Startup one is gone..

Still Think one could be made to read the CAN BUs....the No-NAG circuit is very inexpensive and can be done real easy, simple timer device..

1 - 6 of 6 Posts