Audi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know if there is a way to increase the volume of the voice? Most of the time I can hear the radio lower the music a little but not enough to hear the nav voice.

Thanks

·
Registered
517 Posts
There is a setup menu somewhere to set the NAV voice volume, I don't remember exactly where, probably NAV->setup.

But even easier, if you trun the volume control while the voice is speaking, it will control the NAV voice. If it is not speaking, it controls the radio (or CD, MP3) volume.

Bjarne

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
bjarne said:
There is a setup menu somewhere to set the NAV voice volume, I don't remember exactly where, probably NAV->setup.
Hit the Audio button in any Setup and scroll down to the option at the bottom of the list, click on that and it will open a screen with settings for TP and Nav volume - the same settings are used in all modes for TP & Nav.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I just wish the NAV voice would be on a ratio of the radio/sat/mp3 volume.

When I crank my radio up or on the freeway, i can't hear the nav at all so i turn it up. But when I turn down the volume of the radio or on a local street... the NAV voice is loud as hell.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
Haw1144 said:
When I crank my radio up or on the freeway, i can't hear the nav at all so i turn it up. But when I turn down the volume of the radio or on a local street... the NAV voice is loud as hell.
GALA? Or if you have Bose - AudioPilot?

·
Registered
84 Posts
I have bose in A4 with nav+ but not sure if Gala is working correctly neither cd nor nav increase when driving,do they both increase together ,my harness has the built in push button switch to allow tv when driving if this is switched off does this stop sound increase in both cd & nav or just nav,

John

·
Registered
42 Posts
PetrolDave said:
Haw1144 said:
GALA? Or if you have Bose - AudioPilot?

ooh that might be it.. I have an '05 B6... I was told the AudioPilot was removed from it? If not, I probably turned it off as I dont like the radio increasing/decreasing volume by itself. Is there a way to have just the NAV voice do that instead?

Like if my radio is at Volume 6, the NAV would be at volume 3. And if I turned my radio to Volume 10, the NAV would be at volume 5? Unlikely huh?

·
Registered
13 Posts
If have the same problem.....

I have no Bose and GALA on level 4, but the the music is too loud when the navigation voice speaks in case my music is at a rather high level.....

I would expect that the music mutes to a predefined level so that the navigation voice in understandable no matter how load the music level is....

/RdP

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
The navi volume doesn't increase with the audio volume, one of the things they have to fix yet. if you found a perfect match at a certain audio level and then increase the audio volume, the navi lady is not loud enough anymore.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
RdP said:
I would expect that the music mutes to a predefined level so that the navigation voice in understandable no matter how load the music level is....
There's been a lot of discussion on here about this - what you say is how most people would expect it to work, but unfortunately it doesn't!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts