Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hoping someone knows what i'm talking about and can help. i installed the rns-e unit myself. i work on cars for a living so i don't think i'm totally ignorant and didn't plug something in.
i purchased the correct plugs for the w/ boss system, phone, disc changer ect., also but the radio antenna adaptor, all from navparts.com. everything is installed, all plugs on the back of the new head unit were used, nothing left unplugged.

my problems are these, no matter what radio station is on or programmed, i only get static. it's like there is no antenna. but i know for a fact it's plugged in.

when i turn off my car, take the key out and walk away, the unit stays on until i turn it off, that deffinately is not a good thing, future dead battery.

steering wheel controls no longer work, sucks but it's the least of my worries.

having all of these problems tells me something isn't right. i have messed with all of the settings an haven't found the fix. your car music(supplier) was no help once they got my money for the rns-e unit. is it something with the vag codes, not familar with them? what am i missing.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I strongly suggest you read my install guide. It is located on my website downloads section (Symphony I to RNS-E Install Guide). The adapter you purchased was made for replacing symphony II radio, it must be modified to work in cars that came with the symphony I radio.

Also, you MUST verify all connections in your navparts harness, there are known problems with them that people have posted about over and over again.

Your radio antenna adapter must have TWO antenna leads just like you unplugged two antennas from the symphony I. All of this is covered in the install guide.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts