Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got my RNS-E from Haagie today, and of course went to install it the moment I got home from work. Everything went fairly smoothly (pulling the pins out for the the CAN wiring was a nitemare), but my navigation is not working.

I put the DVD in that was supplied with the unit and it loads intermittantly. Sometimes I can get a map (but it centers on the wrong location) and other times I get error messages like "Improperly Inserted" or "DVD unreadable"

Software is version 110, my car is a 2001.5 B5 S4.

help?

·
Premium Member
1,134 Posts
hi,

I think there are 2 issues:

-the calibration of the rns-e/gps
-the reading of the dvd

1.: try to reset your unit (Keep the power button pushed for approx 20 secs) and try to drive for a while in open field.

2.can be a reading problem of the DVD. Please contact me for this.

·
Registered
155 Posts
The DVDs must just be bad. It's not a common issue, just a bad replication. (no offense)

I had the same problem (but with a different seller) and ordered a backup copy from NSXJR instead, no issues afterward.

·
Registered
17 Posts
burned a new dvd and it works, yaay!

bogut cleaning disc, didn't solve problem, nor did reset
bought memorex dvd+r dual layer at staples ~$25 for 3
as per Albert's instructions
downloaded dvddecrypter from mrbass.org
did an iso read, from haaggie's disc
then as iso write using the .msd file
I have a sony cd writer
put the new disc in
initially said unreadable, then it started working
whew

·
Registered
2 Posts
Haagie sent two DVD's with my unit. One was a factory 2005 version and the other was a copied 2006 version. The navigation unit would not read the factory 2005 version but red the 2006 copy perfectly. There is no logic here on why some DVD's will read and some will not. Other than that, the install went perfectly and the unit works great. Haagie was also very good on his follow up during the payment, shipping stages as well as after the unit arrived.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts