Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had already upgraded the firmware and was running fairly properly for a few days using the v2A disk.

I was able to obtain the 2007 dvd and installed that. NAV went through the update and then reboot. It reverted to the PIN input screen where I entered the PIN correctly. The screen refreshed and went back to the PIN input screen displaying "2 attempts remaining". That was at about 5:15 this afternoon...

I drove around for about an hour and then parked the car with the key/NAV on for another two hours..occasionally hitting the jog dial to apply the PIN..nothing. Refresh back to the PIN input screen displaying "2 attempts remaining".

The NAV would only power down using the key. The screen won't raise so I can't change disks.

Seem to be caught in a delicate spot here.. Thoughts?

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Courtesy of Lee Hicks...

"Unfortunately this is standard operating procedure in the B5 or early C5 cars. Here’s the only trick I know:

The Security code PIN entry is not as simple as inputting the code once to unlock the unit. For some reason, the RNS-E unit needs some time to acclimate itself to the vehicle. Follow the steps below to unlock the unit. This sequence will be necessary every time the unit is disconnected from the battery for more than a few minutes.

1. Start the engine. Turn on the RNS-E if it does not start with the ignition.

2. Press the “SETUP†and “RADIO†(or FM|AM) buttons for a few seconds until the unit reboots.

3. Input the PIN code. The unit will likely immediately return to the PIN entry screen.

4. If the unit accepts the PIN code, then you’re lucky and you can stop here.

5. With the ignition still on, input the PIN code a few more times and wait 15 minutes.

6. Turn the ignition off and wait 30 minutes.

7. Repeat steps 1 through 4.

The biggest “trick†to the above steps is doing the reboot in step 2. Sometimes mine will take the PIN immediately after the reboot, sometimes it takes 30 minutes of driving around, then a period of rest."

Thank you Sir!!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.