Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm having problems with my RNS-E in my B6 A4. When I enter the town name (or post code) and the go to the next screen, I can either choose "centre", "Street", "Special destination" or "enter on Map". If I choose "Centre", everything works fine, same for "special destination" and "enter on map". If I select "street" though, the nav unit freezes and I am unable to do anything. The screen stays displaying the 4 choices above, and none of the buttons on the nav work. The radio keeps playing, but everything seems locked up. I am able to turn the unit off by holding in the volume button, but it is still the same when I turn it back on. The only way out is to turn off the ignition and remove the key for a few minutes, and then turn back on again and I'm back to the previous destination screen. The memory function works, and I can select destinations from my directory and it will navigate for me, but i am unable to search for streets within a town. The unit has worked perfectly since Craigyb installed it almost a year ago. Could it be a disk problem? Anyone had this before?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right, I ejected the DVD and gave it a quick wipe on my shirt this am, and the nav unit has started behaving itself again. I'm not sure whether it was a dirty disk or whether a days rest has cured the problem as I didn't try the nav before I cleaned the disk. I'll keep you posted.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts