Audi Forum banner

Nav+ installation experts (listed by location): Others?

71K views 43 replies 34 participants last post by  Devon Lawrence 
#1 ·
Last Updated: November 15, 2006 \:D/

Folks,
For noob's, installing a RNS-E (DVD-based) and RNS-D/Nav+ (CD-based) might seem like a daunting task. Some of us have installed a few of these units over the past year, so we've had a bit of experience with Audi electronics. I thought it would be useful to post a list of name/locations of those in North America (and Europe, where applicable).

For most installations, adding the OEM RNS head unit, and other OEM accessories can probably take 4-6 hours; additional add-on's (A/V adaptor, hands-free or bluetooth cellphone kits etc) can add time and complexity to your installation. I don't expect everyone to add their contact information to this list, but at least we have a place for some people to request assistance.

Please note: There is lots and lots and lots of information via this site. Anyone with simple DIY wiring skills can accomplish this installation yourself. All you need to do is spend some time reading this information online and do the appropriate planning. I recommend starting with the "QuickLinks" section for either your CD or DVD-based OEM upgrade or do a search before you post your questions. Good luck!

United States

Florida:
- Jacksonville:
Todd Snodgrass (todd1010@hotmail.com; 2000 Audi S4; RNS-E; Phatbox & OEM Sirius Satellite Radio and custom integration cable; VAG-COM)

California:
South
- Lanny (Runs www.euro-parts.us; Has all the necessary tools and diagnostic software and have installed A6 (C5) and A4 (B5, B6, B7) - info@euro-parts.us)
- Ben Cover (Audi Technician with a wealth of knowledge on Audi's and their electronics; bencover@cox.net)

North
- Haw-Yuan Yu (haw1144@yahoo.com; RNS-E into B6 A4/S4; San Jose, CA)
- Mark Mollat (2euro@20grit.org; RNS-E in B6/B7 A4; also has VAG-COM)
- Robert Redmond (robert@smartphonedepot.com; 2002 allroad; RNS-E, Moto IHF1000, VAG-COM, Phatbox, ME3)

Chicago:
- Paul Waterloo (paul@audipages.com; D2 A8 )
audipages Home
- Igor Fedulov (ifedulov@outlook.net; B6 A4/S4)

Boston:
- Ted Basile (teddybgame@hotmail.com; C5 A6/S6/RS6/allroad, RNSD and RNSE; installation experience in all C5's, B5's, B6 and B7's)
- Ken Zhao (kenzhao8@comcast.net; Nav+ in B5 A4/S4)
- Nelson (nelson@bea.com; RNS-E in RS6; VAGCOM)

Georgia:
- Lee Hicks: See his info below in NC and SC areas

North Carolina:
- Lee Hicks ( lee@nsxjr.com; based in Greenville, SC area; see NSX JR's Audi Audio for more details)

South Carolina:
- Lee Hicks ( lee@nsxjr.com; Greenville area; 2001 A6 2.7T, RNS-E, OEM XM, TV tuner, MFSW with upgrade CAN module; VAG-COM; Lamborghini too. Visit NSX JR's Audi Audio or www.vagnav.com for more details )

New York / New Jersey area:
- Frank Chang (frangus@nexij.com; C5 A6)
- Marc G (marc@typ911.com; B5 A4; Northern NJ)
- Michael "Scott" Fiesinger (msf315@twcny.rr.com; B6/A4 04.5+; Nav+ and RNS-E; Long Island/Central NY)
- Greg Ohanessian (grego@securitechsolutions.com; B6 S4; RNS-E; Hicksville, NY)
- Vlad Kotik (vkotik@deloitte.com; RNS-E in 2000 C5 A6)
- Ed Olson - Audi Tech Brooklyn NY (themightydellz@aol.com; not sure the specialty??)

Colorado
- Name unknown (gti18turbo@yahoo.com)

Pennsylvania:
- Justin (justin@ogdenlabs.com; RNS-E in 2003 allroad)
Audi
- Ben (bnl107@hotmail.com; RNS-E in B5, Dietz 1417, OEM BT modules, VAGCOM)

Minnesota:
- Jon Lofquist (JonLofquist@aol.com; Nav+ in B5 A4/S4 and other models)

Washington D.C./N.Virginia:
- Brad Jacob (bradjacob@comcast.net; 2002 B6 A4; CD-based Nav+)
- Eric Weber (ericdweber@hotmail.com; B6 S4; CD-based and DVD-based Nav+)

Kansas City:
- Peter Wallace (peter_m_wallace@hotmail.com; A6, Nav+, RNS-E)

Texas:
- ?

Seattle, WA:
- Mark (a430vaudiguy@yahoo.com; RNS-E in B6 A4)

Canada

Calgary:
- Dan Gold (navigation@tvwiz.net; postmaster@TVwiz.net; Dan is the Nav+ master!!; B5 A4/S4)

Ontario:
- Dave Cochlin (dcochlin@alentron.ca; B5 A4)
- Joseph DiPietro (jdipietro1@cogeco.ca; RNSE in C5 A6 (2001)

Europe

Paris, France:
- Jerome (bachelej@hotmail.com; Nav+ with TMC in 2001 allroad)

Netherlands:
- Tony aka "powertony" (teq.man@hotmail.com; all RNSEs, converting single to double din, multi-media adaptor, bluetooth and video in motion unlocking services)

Hampshire, England, U.K.:
- ??

NW, England UK:
- Craig Barnes (c.barnes@ukonline.co.uk; All RNS-E installations)

Finland
- City: Vantaa. (ville.miettunen@evtek.fi; RNS-E in 1999 C5 A6 - no CANbus)

Australia

Sydney:
- Simon Brown (Simon.Brown@otterson.com.au; Navi+ and the RNS-E in a B6 A4)

Melbourne:
- Alister Bell (BellAlister@hotmail.com; VAG-COM; RNS-Es and Bluetooth modules in B6 and B7 A4s/S4s (including double din conversions) )

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you'd like me to add your name/email address, info to this list, please send me an email: teddybgame@hotmail.com or private message in this forum (please include your model/year info, access to VAG-COM and any other Audi electronics specialties).

Thanks in advance to all for adding your contact information to this site to help those with their future RNS-E/D installations!

-ted

See less See more
#17 ·
Been getting lots of emails in the last few weeks asking how much I charge to do installs, all from people who have got my email address off this forum.

Just to make it clear - I DON'T do installs for other people (even when you offer to pay me), I offer advice to help fix problems you may have when doing your own install.

Teddy - Wonder if it's worth editing the list at the head of this thread to make it clear who will take money to do an install for someone, who will do an install for someone just for the "intellectual challenge", and who will just offer advice to help you fix problems with your own install?

#18 ·
PetrolDave said:
Been getting lots of emails in the last few weeks asking how much I charge to do installs, all from people who have got my email address off this forum.

Just to make it clear - I DON'T do installs for other people (even when you offer to pay me), I offer advice to help fix problems you may have when doing your own install.

Teddy - Wonder if it's worth editing the list at the head of this thread to make it clear who will take money to do an install for someone, who will do an install for someone just for the "intellectual challenge", and who will just offer advice to help you fix problems with your own install?
PD: I'm going to just remove you from the list...as this list is to help people with "hands on" installation issues. Troubleshooting post-install issues can be handled on the forum as we normally do.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.