Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,
I have an 02 Allroad w/ the rns-e retro fitted. The DIS in my gauge cluster is the red one, not the color. My question is: will my cluster still be able to display navigation directions? I know I will need access to a VAG, but the dealership said it's not possible...only the color DIS's can display directions. What's the deal here? Thanks!

Mike

·
Registered
124 Posts
I must be smoking something real good then.....

Cause I have an 03 allroad with the RNS-E and just coded the car using VAG COM to get directions to display on the red DIS>...

there is a section here on VAGCOM codes - I believe you need to read that and it will tell you to add +4 to the setting in channel 69 on the nav - but this is from memory and its late

It works 100% for sure though.

·
Registered
72 Posts
mpingree said:
Hey guys,
I have an 02 Allroad w/ the rns-e retro fitted. The DIS in my gauge cluster is the red one, not the color. My question is: will my cluster still be able to display navigation directions? I know I will need access to a VAG, but the dealership said it's not possible...only the color DIS's can display directions. What's the deal here? Thanks!

Mike
Sure thing... Check here

Another excellent tidbit of advice from the Dealer... Rock on!!

·
Registered
258 Posts
you will most likely have the red dis bug in which you will have to start route guidance (with mapping directions) then turn off (hold power for 4 seconds) the rns then back on... only then will you see the information in the cluster.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts