Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys…I have an ’06 S4 that came from the factory with Bose, Sirius, and Bluetooth. I’m a little new at this, so you’ll have to bear with me a bit. I would like to add RNS-E to my car and of course the dealership said this would not be possible. These forms have proven otherwise. Here’s the situation: A family member has an ’05 A4 Convertible with RNS-E with the CD changer. She doesn’t want it and I DO!! I was wondering whether it would be possible to take an RNS-E and CD changer from the A4 and put it in the S4 and take the Symphony II and put in the A4. On the S4 side, I would like to keep the Sirius and Bluetooth functionality along with adding the CD changer from the A4. If this is possible, what connectors, cables and antennas would be necessary for both cars? I know this was a loaded question, but thanks for all your help.

·
Registered
530 Posts
The loom in the Cab will also need to be dealt with as the RNS-E has a 'Quadlock' plug that obviously won't go directly into a Symphony..

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
thanks for your input...will all of my functionality remain the same??...i have heard of issues that the Sirius will stop working when I go from a Symphony II to RNS-E...do I just do a simple swap or does the VAG need to be reprogrammed on both?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
With the proper adapters, functionality will remain the same for the RNS-E. The A4 Symphony (8E0 part number) may not work in the Cabrio though because it cannot be coded for either A4 or Cabrio. The Cabrio needs a Symphony with an 8H0 part number.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts