Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Why not read burn CD? I want upgrade but don´t read CD, the firmware is of 2000......CAN SOMEBODY HELP ME?
Thanks for all....
:shock:
:lol:

*Sorry for my english i´m spanish

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
CD size does not matter - it must be a CD-R and it must be finalised. Burning at a slow speed often helps.

Are you sure you have the correct software?

What error messages do you get, exactly?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have various images but I am intent whit update of 2001.....the links are:
http://canariasauto.net/navi/2001_11_15.zip ---> i am intent whit this
the message is "CD DEFECTUOSO" in english " DEFECTIVE CD" whit other cd the message was "INCORRECT CD" but now is " DEFECTIVE CD"

OTHER IMAGES: I haven´t intent whit these:

http://canariasauto.net/navi/22-03-2002.DX.zip
............/2001_11_15_ISO.zip
............/08.09.2005.zip

:roll:
:wink:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Other user have writed that "If you do a firmware upgrade on the nav+ (cd version), do you have to
use an original disk first before it will read a copied disk
"

Is it a truth?
:p
:shock:
:D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I borrowed a mates Blaupunkt DX navi cd for the UK and Ireland from his VW MFD (?) It works fine on his unit but comes up with a 'Cannot read disc' error on my RNS-D. The CD is a back-up copy that he made before his original got scratched or something.

N.B. I've tried an original CD from my old BNS factory sat nav and that works- but like I said it's very old (1998) and of course doesn't have many of the new features.

·
Registered
5 Posts
...and what about "CD Defective" problem?

I have the same problem in my Navi+ and I don't know how I can burn CD use 1speed ...

"NERO Burning Rom" doesn't allow to use speed slower than 4...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I've been unable to update my RNS-D using the Nero images I downloaded. My current RNS-D software version is from 2000. I burnt on Memorex CDR at 4x using Nero and finalised the disks, but got a 'Cannot read CD' error or similar.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts