Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My navigation route always restarts when i restart my engine... and i want to be able to turn off that feature. it is really very annoying.

i.e. i set a route and follow it... say heading home after a day out. so i get home - all is well. tomorrow i get up to go to work... and it directs me to my home until i turn it off. then when i get out of work.... it directs me home again... but i know where i am going!?! every time i start the car... it starts directing me to my last selected destination...

can i turn off this *feature* please? anyone know how?

thx

jc

·
Registered
65 Posts
You know I've never tried it that way - whenever I reach my destination I manually stop route guidance before turning off the car. I would expect that route guidance wouldn't stop if you turned off the car - if it did that they route guidance would stop every time you stopped the car on a trip......

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
SMF said:
You know I've never tried it that way - whenever I reach my destination I manually stop route guidance before turning off the car. I would expect that route guidance wouldn't stop if you turned off the car - if it did that they route guidance would stop every time you stopped the car on a trip......
Route guidance SHOULD turn off automatically when you reach the destination.

The only case where this has been reported on here (and it's been reported by quite a lot of people) is when using US software prior to 0150.

It's never been reported using EU (or any other country) software.

What country are you in, and what SW version do you have?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i am in usa... and i would need to check on what SW version i have...

i set it to come to work this am and indeed it did turn itself off when i arrived. now heres a thing... sometimes i set it to get me in the direction of rather than to an explicit destination point. hence when i arrive at that point i pass it rather than stop at it. perhaps then it doesnt self disable?!

my porsche nav never did this... but then it always resent after turning the engine off... which meant if i stopped for fuel i had to restart. not from the beginning tho... just tell it to carry on. i preferred that...

cheers

jc

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Just press the control knob twice on the nav screen (this selects region on the first press, then selects the same region you had previously on the second press). This takes all of one second and clears out your navigation destination from the nav screen. If you need to get it back, just select it from your previous destination list.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jc said:
thx btw my SW is 0110
Update your SW to 0150 by getting the 2007 DVD.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jc said:
hey dave,

where should i go for a new version?

thx

jc
Navteq, the "For Sale" forum on here, eBay,...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts