Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have read around and it looks like for some reason I have to pull the Navigation to get this fixed but...

I have a retrofit with a US Nav in my 03 A4. It has been in my car for nearly six months now and today randomly I all of the sudden have the mute symbol on my nav display and all I hear is navigation directions and I don't get radio or MP3's. Does this mean I have to pull the unit to fix the ground wire?

It seems odd that after 6 months this is just now happening to me. Is there a software fix? I have searched over the forums but not found a problem specific to this case.

Sorry if it's here and I didn't see it.

vsr

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Just thinking out loud - could the telephone mute pin be getting accidentally earthed?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I tried resetting the system but to no avail. I am afraid somehow after six months the mute pin could be causing this. I also believe this may be the case because the mute symbol does intermittently flash every couple of minutes or so. Any other ideas?

If not could somebody post a link to the procedure to fix this?

Vsr

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Is there any wire connected to the mute pin? If yes, remove it unless you have a phone interface connected. And are you using sw 0110 or 0150? I had that in a previous car and the radio got muted once in a while because it had some phone prep were there was a 3ft wire connected to the mute pin. Sometimes it just muted and it finally stopped when I connected a phone interface to the mute wire. Maybe it's some interference that start causing problems now that it gets colder and more humid.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My radio and MP3 randomly started working today. I hadn't found the time to correct this, and after I started up this morning my MP3 card started to play. Strange? I did notice this morning though that that temperature in San Diego was 48 degrees. Up from the 36-42 that it had been when this whole thing had started. Plus my battery was giving me problems.

This is so weird!

Thanks guys

vsr

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.