Audi Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2006 Audi A4 with stock Nav Plus, Technology Package, Bluetooth. I am also cursed with Verizon as my primary cell phone provider. Although I can connect my Verizon LG VX8100 to the system and use car's bluetooth package - I cannot sync my phonebook - specifically because Verizon cripples that function (OBEX, as I understand it) in all their phones. I have a Cingular RAZR that will sync phonebooks - but as soon as I reconnect with the Verizon phone, the phonebook is dumped/inaccessible.

From my experience I'm guessing you can only use the phonebook of the phone that's connected at any given time, but I'd be very appreciative if someone could confirm this.

Thanks for all the great info.

tom

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Upto 4 phones can pair, but only one at a time, first to pair when BT is activated is what you get.

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I have the RAZR from Verizon and it has full functionality (phonebook, dialed, missed, received calls, etc.)

·
Registered
996 Posts
I've heard that the pairing of some (verizon) with OEM BT kits is difficult. I have a Blackberry 7290 (VZW) and I suspect that this will be the case as well.

However, if you do enough searching on the internet, you can find an undeground group that have figured out a hack for most phones. This was the case with the Motorola V710.

Good luck and keep us posted.
-ted

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
NSX JR said:
I have the RAZR from Verizon and it has full functionality (phonebook, dialed, missed, received calls, etc.)
It's my understanding that the very first Verizon RAZRs were not crippled - but all subsequent releases were. If I were you I would not upgrade my firmware.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
NSX JR said:
I did not get one of the "very" first RAZRs... but my info is:

S/W: GATW_01.0F.02
Found this: "VZW had Motorola turn OBEX off in the new .03 version of the software", so your experience fits. I stand by my "don't update your firmware" suggestion. 8)

·
Registered
1 Posts
You were able to get your Verizon Treo 650 to sync phonebook? I've not been able to do this unfortunately. Do you have a newer version of either the phone or Nav+ firmware?

Thanks,
Lee

·
Registered
142 Posts
Samsung P300

After upgrading today to the BT-interface 8P0 862 335 F, my H48 RNS-E fully supports BT functionality, including phonebook integration on my Nokia 6310[v5.51], MDA Vario/Qtek 9100 as well as my very new Samsung P300!

regards,

S4udibert

·
Registered
117 Posts
I have the bluetooth interface box in my car and I use the Sony Ericsson k750i.

Everything works but when I store a new contact (phone number) in my telephone it's not in the phonebook when my phone pairs with the RNS-E.

Can this be fixed?

The phonebook does not sync! :cry:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Sony Ericsson K750 Synching

I have an 06 B7 with factory Nav. My Sony Ericsson K750 works great with my NAV/Bluetooth. After I have changed the phones phonebook (added or deleted a name etc...), it will eventually sync with the bluetooth of the NAV system after a day or so. It seems like the nav polls the phone at some interval to see if updates have been made.

·
Registered
142 Posts
It indeed takes some time before the phonebook changes are synced with the RNS-E. Using my Nokia 6310i or Samsung P300 it is about 1 to 2 minutes, my MDA Vario?Gtek 9100 takes about 5 minutes to sync 1000 contacts.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the v710 and am about to purchase bluetooth from NSXjr :D I just want to make sure my Motorola v710 phone will work....I see in here stating that the phonebook doesn't work, unless hacked is that still true, if so what is the hack?

·
Registered
74 Posts
V710 works fine with Audi BT.

·
Registered
30 Posts
MoroIsAnOrange if that is the case what is TeddyBGame talking about :?:

TeddyBGame said:
I've heard that the pairing of some (verizon) with OEM BT kits is difficult. I have a Blackberry 7290 (VZW) and I suspect that this will be the case as well.

However, if you do enough searching on the internet, you can find an undeground group that have figured out a hack for most phones. This was the case with the Motorola V710.

Good luck and keep us posted.
-ted

·
Registered
74 Posts
berr0825 said:
MoroIsAnOrange if that is the case what is TeddyBGame talking about :?:
I don't know what he's talking about but I have a V710. It works fine with Audi BT. No phone hacking needed.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts