Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Where is the best place to get one? I have a small dvd player i want to hook up to my rnse. Any info would be great. Thanks!

·
Registered
172 Posts
Maybe Proxus or NSX_JR? The one that came with Proxus' Multimedia kit is pretty slick, includes not only the A/V inputs for a DVD player, but a USB input, input for remote control. It is fairly compact, and pretty easy to install. [edit] I just realized the extra inputs (USB and extra RCA jacks) are part of the DVD player of Proxus' package...sorry. The adaptor he has is still pretty slick since it still has an input for remote control so a few controls can be done via the RNS-E instead of always reaching for the remote. I believe you can bridge bothe the remote eye of the DVD player and the RNS-E input for control with a simple headphone 1/4" Y-connector.

Whatever you decide, I would highly recommend cut down on the "extra" wires by customizing a few wires in the RNS-E adaptor so you can hook up various devices to power, ground, CAN-H and CAN-L. I did this recently for my RNS-E adaptor (a very similar "ultimate" harness similar to what TeddyBGame does), and it really cleans up the area inside the dash!

·
Registered
61 Posts
Boston Driver said:
...The adaptor he has is still pretty slick since it still has an input for remote control so a few controls can be done via the RNS-E instead of always reaching for the remote. I believe you can bridge bothe the remote eye of the DVD player and the RNS-E input for control with a simple headphone 1/4" Y-connector.
If I bought the DVD player from him and kept the Multimedia Interface which I have and I am not sure if it has the input for the remote control would it still be possible to control the DVD via the RNS-E or can you recommend a Multimedia interface which has a input for a remote control.

Regards

·
Registered
172 Posts
Malcolm-X said:
If I bought the DVD player from him and kept the Multimedia Interface which I have and I am not sure if it has the input for the remote control would it still be possible to control the DVD via the RNS-E or can you recommend a Multimedia interface which has a input for a remote control.
Well, the remote functions of the DVD interface are fairly limited, and I rarely ever use them. Instead, I find myself almost all the time just reaching for the DVD player's remote, since ALL the functions are right there...and a bit eaiser to navigate than the buttons on the RNS-E. The remote "eye" is wired to the top of my dash along the bottom of the windshield.

Just my two cents...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.