Audi Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if I put MP4s downloaded from iTunes on a sd card if the RNS-E will play them? One of my other components in the house won't play them.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
No, the RNS-E plays MP3 only.

·
Registered
515 Posts
search for "itunes" and you will find a few threads, but here is what i do..

as the other person said.. iTunes can convert m4a to mp3 unless it was purchased from iTunes Store (a trick for that later)..

simply highlight the music you want to convert; under ADVANCED select CONVERT SELECTION TO MP3.. i guess i cant say 100% that this function is available on MAC, but it is for sure on PC.. one downside is (if memory serves correctly), it does not replace the m4a.. so then you have to go back and delete the m4a so you dont have 2 versions of the song taking up space.. you can test with just 1 or 2 songs..

then go into EDIT, PREFERENCES, IMPORT and change the file type to MP3 (default is ACC or M4A).. now all future imports will be MP3..

for songs purchased on iTunes, you will have to waste some CDs..
- if you purchased complete albums
... create a playlist with the songs from the album in the correct order
... burn an audio CD
... import the songs back into iTunes (make sure you are importing as MP3).. iTunes will ask if you want to replace purchased songs -- say YES..

- for singles, individual, random songs
... create a playlist with the purchased songs (you can fit ~15-20 songs on an audio CD -- unfortunately iTunes does not display how much space in left on an audio CD)
... burn an audio CD, but DO NOT EJECT THE DISK!!!.. if you keep the disk in, all the song info will automatically show up.. once you eject the disk you will lose all the track info on the CD and it will show up as track01, track02, etc..
... import the songs back into iTunes (make sure you are importing as MP3).. iTunes will ask if you want to replace purchased songs -- say YES..

once your songs are all mp3, you can just drag them straight from iTunes to your SD card..

hope this helps..

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.