Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just got a 2005 allroad with RNS-E factory installed 3 days ago, YEAH!! Has all the manuals but the MMI manual, so forgive me if this is to lame. I cleared out my 1gig SD card and coiped about 900 gigs of music to it. It's organized in the following manner (Please no cappin' on me for my music taste)

3 base folders:
Black Sabbath
Bob Dylan
Modest Mouse

Black Sabbath has 6 folders each representing an Album
Bob Dylan has 5 folders each representing an Album
Modest Mouse has 2 folders each representing an Album.

When I put the SD card in, it only list the songs of one of the Black Sabbath album. I thought it would start at the base, show the three Artist folders then I could navigate to Artist --> Album

Does the system not work this way?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
It does but the RNS-E is a little picky about file names and ID tags. Start with one folder after the other, if it doesn't show up put the files in the root of the SD card first to see if they are correctly loaded.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hit the "return" button and it will take you back to the root folders. The unit will pick the first song regardless of how it is filed in various folders and start there. You have to return to see the folder and return again to see the root etc. Took me a while figure this out - it is exactly backwards of what you are expecting.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts