Audi Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After upgrading the firmware to 0100 the SD card mp3's will not show the song title. They will display the song title after the song has played but the list is file names. This seems to be related to the firmware. With 080 the song names displayed perfectly after 0100, no bueno. I do, however, like that the SD card loads up much faster with 0100.

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I have seen this on my 2GB card but not on the 512MB card. I thought it was related to the number of files because the first 200 files are indexed fine, just the remaining 170+ files do not get index before the unit plays them the first time. I also thought first that there was not enough space to store the index but even freeing up a little more space did solve this permanently and after a night being powered off it forgets the index and has to read the ID tag again. Since it's not bothering me to much right now, I stopped worrying. And since my unit came with 0100 already on it I have nothing to compare.

There are more and more references to a software version 0140 for the EU unit which is supposed supposed to be on the 2006 EU Navtec DVD. No info on any changes besides the new map data.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It could very well be related to the number of songs. I added new songs to my card and this may be the cause. I noticed today that if I change from playlist to directory and back again the song titles displayed correctly.

As far as 0140 is concerned, it looks like it is only a map update. At least that is what I read over on Navi-Forum.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I forgot that the problem happened after the update without changing anything on the SD card. I am still convinced it is related to the firmware. The problem may be too many files but it is the firmware that is choking.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
After driving the car with the Nav system for a while now I have discovered one interesting note on the SD cards. If you goto radio for a few seconds (10-20) then go back to the SD card the song titles will display correctly instead of the file name. FWIW.

·
Registered
114 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I got a copy from the person I purchased my deck from. You can load it on the RNS-E by burning it to a CD-Rom.

·
Super Moderator
11,350 Posts
TeddyBGame said:
why not just spend the $160 and get a phatbox. Once you go phat...you never go back. Ha!

:D
I wish the Phatbox was $160 in the UK - when I asked this morning the Audi version was nearly £700 (over $1000) here.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Would a PhatBox provide text to the RNS-E screen for navigation through songs...or would it still have to use the voice prompts to navigate?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts