Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forums, have read it for a while, but this is my first post. I just purchased a Motorola A732 phone and when I pair it with bluetooth, I am able to get the car to recognize it, but if I push to button on the steering wheel to retrieve the phonebook, I get a 'button not used' message on the DIS. All received, dialed, etc.. menus are also greyed out.

Is there any solution for this? Or is it better to just return the phone?

Thanks.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
jfagundo said:
Hi all,

I am new to this forums, have read it for a while, but this is my first post. I just purchased a Motorola A732 phone and when I pair it with bluetooth, I am able to get the car to recognize it, but if I push to button on the steering wheel to retrieve the phonebook, I get a 'button not used' message on the DIS. All received, dialed, etc.. menus are also greyed out.

Is there any solution for this? Or is it better to just return the phone?

Thanks.
Is this Motorola your first BT phone paired?

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
If your phone is not transfering phonebook to RNS_E , DIS/FIS will display "Button not in use". This button is only active when phonebook is transfered.

I would say try diffrerent phone...borrow one from your friend to test it before you return yours.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I had the Moto Razr V3 and it worked perfectly. This new phone also has the same bluetooth version that the RAZR has.

Why would it make a difference it the versions are the same on both phones. I can't think it's the car if the RAZR worked.

Thanks for the help. :cry:

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
jfagundo said:
I had the Moto Razr V3 and it worked perfectly. This new phone also has the same bluetooth version that the RAZR has.

Why would it make a difference it the versions are the same on both phones. I can't think it's the car if the RAZR worked.
It's not as simple as saying it's Bluetooth V1.0, v1.1 or v2.0 - there's a huge number of options that the phone manufacturers can choose to implement - or not(!) - within each version of Bluetooth.

According to Audi's latest phone compatibility list (August 2006) the Razr V3 transfers both SIM and phone phonebooks, but the Razr V3i and V3x only transfer the phone phonebook and not the SIM phonebook. Figure that one out!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts