Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,

I am new to this forums, have read it for a while, but this is my first post. I just purchased a Motorola A732 phone and when I pair it with bluetooth, I am able to get the car to recognize it, but if I push to button on the steering wheel to retrieve the phonebook, I get a 'button not used' message on the DIS. All received, dialed, etc.. menus are also greyed out.

Is there any solution for this? Or is it better to just return the phone?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Not all phones transfer phonebooks and call lists - see in the multimedia forum for a thread that lists those people on here have found to work (or not!).

Sounds like the Motorola A732 is one of those that provide partial compatibility.

There's basically three types of compatibility between phones and the Audi Bluetooth interface:

1) not compatible at all - nothing works.

2) partly compatible - the phone pairs and hands-free calls and dialling from the RNS-E works.

3) full compatibility - as above plus the call lists and phonebooks get transferred from the phone to the RNS-E.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.