Audi Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am currently in the process up updating my MMI high 2G firmware on my 05 A6. It hasn't been updated from new so I have had to order the three CD's to perform this task. In all of the forums I have reviewed I needed to order CD 4F0 906 961 AB, 4L0 906 961 H and 4F0 998 961 to bring it uptodate. When I recieved the last CD it came in a package with 2 CD's. All of the information I have read indicates only one CD for 4F0 998 961. Can anyone explain why this is and how to process?
I also need to update my navigation DVD from version 4 to version 5 before I can update my GPS to the most recent version. Does anyone have a version 5 for sale?

HB

· Premium Member
11,049 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Actually, I need the version 5 Nav DVD to be able to purchase the most current Nav DVD (2010) or update the MMI firmware. Navteq won't sell me the most recent version of the NAV DVD until I have run version 5. They have instructed me to contact my dealer which I have done and the dealer says I need to get it from Navteq.

I have also purchased all of the CD's to update the firmware on the MMI but it also says that I have to be running version 5 or newer in the NAV unit to proceed with the upgrade. ( currently have version 4)

Seems like a catch 22. I have the dealer looking into this as of yesterday.

HB](*,)

· Registered
33 Posts
I had my 2G MMI updated to the latest version 4610 (4.6.10) today at the dealer. The update seems to have broken the Bluetooth phone integration. I will be taking in back next week to have that fixed.

The other major dfferance I see is that it got rid of all the HVAC settings/screens. Before if I changed the temperature settings or fan settings they would show on the MMI screen, now they don't.

Does anybody know how to enable this again? Is it even possible?

· Registered
2 Posts
I had my 2G MMI updated to the latest version 4610 (4.6.10) today at the dealer. The update seems to have broken the Bluetooth phone integration. I will be taking in back next week to have that fixed.

The other major dfferance I see is that it got rid of all the HVAC settings/screens. Before if I changed the temperature settings or fan settings they would show on the MMI screen, now they don't.

Does anybody know how to enable this again? Is it even possible?
This might be a late reply, seeing as you were going to dealership to get it fixed. I had the same problem when upgrading my firmware. I had the two step process...2750 (one disc) -> 3360 (2 discs) -> 4610.

When doing the 2nd step, I had to run disc 1 a second time to upgrade the bluetooth software again. I either missed this part or never saw it documented.

Hope that helps. Let me know if my explanation was clear.

Cheers!

· Registered
1 Posts
MMI update

Can anyone please tell me what the benefits of this update are, and how much does it cost to be done at the dealer? I am looking to add the ability to play MP3’s from the CD changer; will I also need to upgrade the changer itself? I have 2006 A8
Thank you.

· Registered
33 Posts
Can anyone please tell me what the benefits of this update are, and how much does it cost to be done at the dealer? I am looking to add the ability to play MP3’s from the CD changer; will I also need to upgrade the changer itself? I have 2006 A8
Thank you.
Not sure what the benefits are, but it cost me two trips to the dealer and $105. The second time around is when they fixed the Bluetooth.

I tried an MP3 CD in the CD changer after the update and it didn't work so i guess the update doesn't give you that ability.

· Premium Member
11,049 Posts
I tried an MP3 CD in the CD changer after the update and it didn't work so i guess the update doesn't give you that ability.
You need different CD changer hardware to be able to read MP3 CDs.

· Registered
33 Posts
Don't pay for the updates at the dealer unless they do it under warranty for free. The charge a very steep labor rate ([email protected]$150/hr). You can do it yourself in 45 minutes or less depending on what version you currently have. Dealer takes longer because they need to "log" what they did on your car and transmit info about your car to Audi. Sounds nice, but that time is on your dime.

Private message me if you need the disks as I have all of them and I can make arrangements to get them to you.

I also have copies of the 2009 North American Navigation DVD disk as well and you can directly update from any version to this. Best to do this step first before you do the MMI version...

· Registered
4 Posts
I installed an Audi navigation drive (2007 model) in my recently purchased 2005 A6 3.2Q and updated the MMI to 4610. I also inserted Navigation DVD 2010/2011 (Ver. 11) but my navigation system computes some out of the way routes (a 6 mile loop out of the way) to destinations when you can continue straight north and get to the destination within 2 miles. It also says I arrived when I'm not at the correct street number yet. Another problem I found is it doesn't provide a selection in the list for a road that has been there for more than 15 years. My Garmin Nuvi 255W works much better and costs less than the Navteq DVD. Do I have to buy an old Navigation DVD Version 5 and install it for a software update (as shown in an Audi TSB for an MMI update) or was this taken care of when I installed my version 11? The MMI showed that it was updating the software when I installed the DVD. I don't know if I have a problem with the navigation software needing and update or if the Audi navigation is just that poor. I get 8 or 9 satellites and a 3D fix.

· Registered
2 Posts
At the first i want say hello to all
Anyway can You give me information where I can download an update for MMI High for my Audi A6. I try to update from 11.40 to 5150 but it seems that soft are broken or cd changer. I recorede all of cd in very slow speed 4x on verbatim discs and many others but everytime i receive same information that meta info cannot be read. I push many times Return and at least it was started but update was done only in some part. After reset MMI I have no sounds in my speaker, is it for sure CP ? Can You give me some advise ?
Sorry for bad english
Best regards

· Registered
3,658 Posts
5150 is EU software, where are you in the world?

· Registered
1 Posts
So is 4610 the newest system update? I have in my 09 now. I am having issues with getting an external HDD to recognize in the car. I have it formatted as FAT32 already. I am 99.9% sure it isnt a power issue either. Do I need the AMI cable that is micro USB? I am using the female adapter at the moment. USB sticks work fine.

· Premium Member
11,049 Posts

· Registered
2 Posts
hi All - I am in US and having Audi A6 2005 and does not have navigation. I purchased all the hardwares and cables to be purchased. Is any one know other than kubatec for purchasing the cables and do you know how to upgrade the mmi to latest firmware and the navigation software and map. i think version 5 in navigation is lates. pelase help

1 - 20 of 20 Posts