Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 4B0 035 192 E, im using an 04 map disk and i took the german files off of a disk from 01. Im having some issues:

Alright so essentially this is what i did. i made the nav hybrid disk using roxio and the disk boots up fine every time. it will allow we to enter a destination to any city blah blah blah. The map does work and its fairly accurate as far as street names and their locations. problem seems to be that it take forever to give directions. The map is usually about half a mile behind me at all times. It often times will mistake me as being on a street next to the freeway even though i am still on the freeway. It tells me to turn and get back on, annoying. on the streets this innaccuracy is much worse, the car cannot tell that i am moving or what street i am on. it fails completely on tight packed streets and shows that i am not on a digitized road or doesnt show me moving. Now these problems do not seem like issues that should be there since this is an OEM part. Is there an update that i can do on the software? Did i burn somthing wrong? im going crazy trying to figure this out. TIA everyone.

·
Registered
996 Posts
doesn't sound like a map disk issue. Can you give us any additional details about the car that this unit is installed in? Model, year etc..etc. In the future, the more details you can provide, the better your response will be. :)

This sounds more like a GPS and speed signal issue. You need both working in concert to navigate correctly. Can you send me any details about the wiring and/or harness that you used? I would imagine that the speed signal is not routed to the appropriate pin in the 26 pin connector.

Also, you have an E version....so you are operating a C-navi unit...not D-navi.
http://www.nav-plus.com/instructions/parts.html

good luck!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry about missing information i copy / pasted that out a IM with someone else who ive been working with already.

It is installed in an 01 S4 and as far as the connector im using the one that i was sent with the unit. ill take some pictures when i get home and make some new radio keys.

I understand that it would be behind if the speed sensor was missing or misplaced (i think i read its a brown wire that runs the GALA as well?) but would that explain the inaccuracy of unit?

Thanks

·
Registered
41 Posts
Yes, not having the GALA wire hooked up can cause all the problems you see. Ensure that the GALA wire (position 1 on the bottom black 8-positon connector) is hooked to position 5 of the 26-position connector.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts