Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Question from a newbie, Just ordered an A3 2.0TDI Sportback which I should get next March 2007. I decided to go for GSM mobile telephone preparation in front centre armrest and I have a SonyEricsson K750i.

My question is what does the optional Audi Mobile Phone adaptor do ?. My Dealer showed me a list which I think was old as it did not list the K750i but I found the Mobile phone adaptor listing on the Audi.de site and lists the K750i Part No. (R1AA008). It is just for charging ? or something else ?.

Am I right in think if I don't need this Mobile Phone Adaptor I just pair my K750i with the DVD SatNav Headunit and I transfer my contacts I should be able to dial/answer via the multifunction steering wheel.

I have searched about this great site read the KB's articles but found no real answer.

TIA

Scott

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
src19 said:
Question from a newbie, Just ordered an A3 2.0TDI Sportback which I should get next March 2007. I decided to go for GSM mobile telephone preparation in front centre armrest and I have a SonyEricsson K750i.

My question is what does the optional Audi Mobile Phone adaptor do ?. My Dealer showed me a list which I think was old as it did not list the K750i but I found the Mobile phone adaptor listing on the Audi.de site and lists the K750i Part No. (R1AA008). It is just for charging ? or something else ?.

Am I right in think if I don't need this Mobile Phone Adaptor I just pair my K750i with the DVD SatNav Headunit and I transfer my contacts I should be able to dial/answer via the multifunction steering wheel.

I have searched about this great site read the KB's articles but found no real answer.

TIA

Scott
Yes now it's possible to buy the OEM adaptor for SE K750i part No. R1AA008 but you're correct when you think you don't really need it because with BT prep. you can place calls and answer via MFSTWH. and transfer and scroll your phone book in your DIS or RNS-E Screen. The adaptor will allow you the possibility to use the GSM antenna of the car and more life for your cell-battery.
I'm using a K 750i without any problem in my A4 since october 2005 and I don't have the cradle.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Part number R1AA008 sounds like the firmware revision of the phone to me.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
craigyb said:
Part number R1AA008 sounds like the firmware revision of the phone to me.
OOPSS :shock: :shock: off course R1AA008 is the firmware revision not the part no. sorry but my knowledge of german is not the best one.
What we could make without you... Craig? :D

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks Guys for your help, Yes stupid me R1AA008 is the Firmware version that is requried or above for bluetooth connection.

This is the link to the german phone adaptor listing:-
http://www.audi.de/etc/medialib/cms4imp/audi2/reports.Par.0073.File.pdf

If all this Mobile Phone Adaptor is a cradle for the K750 and is used for Charging and GSM antenna connection then I think I will not bother ordering this part. Out of interest are these Mobile Phone Adaptors Dealer or factory fitted ?

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
No K750I cradle exists, the list says K700, but bluetooth for K750i if I'm reading the list correctly.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts