Audi Forum banner

MMI - Ipod interfaces

2K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  larryb 
Returned to this forum as my RS4 B7 is due in two weeks and wanted to remind myself what 4G SD cards had been tested and noticed this thread - my expectations were high that I could retain the iPod I have in my S4 (dension icelink) and plug it into the Nav+ in new RS4 and get OEM user interface for album navigation....

Alas, all this is (seems to be an someone tell me I am wrong please) is icelink for Nav+ system that allows you to retain CD changer but your still going to have to use crappy iPod interface to browse etc. Such as shame.

Looks like I'm stuck with two 4G SD cards holding 1000 tracks in MP3 format rather than 4000 tracks in AAC format if I want a safe and elegant user interface.

cheers,
- Dean

Yes I know about the 512 limit in the software (my industry so they must have some cobol programmers working for them or something because no one in the right mind would come up with a limit if 512 and if anyone suggest it is some hardware/processor limit I will have to abuse you in public) that's why I said I'd have to use 2 to get 1000 (and yes I know 2*512 isn't 1000 :)).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.