Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Take a look at the new Dension MP3 integration products.

The Gateway 300 allows integration of IPOD's USB based MP3 Devices and a source via jack.

the 400 does the same but allows switching between CD changer and ipod.

the 500 covers the A6 4F and A8 D3 MMI interfaces.

http://www.dension.com/icelinkgateway500.php

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
500 is MMI only

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Only the A6 C6 and the A8 D3 have MMI - and most likely the A4 B8. The RNS-E has a MMI like interface but it's not MMI.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Returned to this forum as my RS4 B7 is due in two weeks and wanted to remind myself what 4G SD cards had been tested and noticed this thread - my expectations were high that I could retain the iPod I have in my S4 (dension icelink) and plug it into the Nav+ in new RS4 and get OEM user interface for album navigation....

Alas, all this is (seems to be an someone tell me I am wrong please) is icelink for Nav+ system that allows you to retain CD changer but your still going to have to use crappy iPod interface to browse etc. Such as shame.

Looks like I'm stuck with two 4G SD cards holding 1000 tracks in MP3 format rather than 4000 tracks in AAC format if I want a safe and elegant user interface.

cheers,
- Dean

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
4GB SD cards will work but you are still limited to about 512 objects on each card. Unless you have two cards with 500 files in the root of each card you won't get 1000 songs, at least with the current software.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Yes I know about the 512 limit in the software (my industry so they must have some cobol programmers working for them or something because no one in the right mind would come up with a limit if 512 and if anyone suggest it is some hardware/processor limit I will have to abuse you in public) that's why I said I'd have to use 2 to get 1000 (and yes I know 2*512 isn't 1000 :)).

·
Registered
3 Posts
SD Card syncing to itunes

I just got an A3 with Nav and am quickly realizing what a pain it will be to get good ipod integration (keeping my changer and planning to get SAT). Would love to see track info displayed and control thru stereo controls, bonus to get video!
So in the meantime till I figure out the best solution. I'm a Mac user and I've been using Synctunes in the past to get itunes music synced to my phone miniSD, now I'll use it to get itunes music onto my Audi. Sync and walk away, an hour later you have your playlist converted and copied onto your card!
http://www.nesfield.co.uk/synctunes/index.html
Cheers

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.