Audi Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an 2014 Audi Q5 and the MMI decided to die on me. Dealership said i need new one but they are $4K new, so bought one used on eBay with high hopes. my mechanic put it in and didn't work so we were wondering if there was a trick to installation or do I now have 2 bad MMI's? any advice is appreciated.
thanks!

·
Registered
2 Posts
You may find an affordable unit on ebay or bone/parts site. I did the exact same thing with both my radio and MMI unit (trunk + dash) . Plan on a vist to the dealership or guru to have "component-protection" removed letting the car know that you didn't install a "hot" unit. Mine still shows one error code because even though the replacement was identical, it came out of a Q-series. Same year, plug+play, but annoying code on scan.. does not affect operation at all. According to dealership it can only be resolved from "AUDI central database"?? The bitter after-taste of a sweet deal on a replacement unit...... Just be careful verifying compatibility. I too crapped my pants when the dealership gave me their price on a refurbished unit, I could buy 4 used and still be ahead.... Good luck Gart,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts