Audi Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,
What in addition to the DVD module would I need for the Navigation system to work? Self or Dealer install? (Audi Q7 or A6. I believe setup in this models identical)

Does anyone know when you install dvd navigation module with MMI equiped vehicle do you need to do coding?

·
Registered
53 Posts
audi4man said:
TDiAvant said:
You will need to code the can gateway for for NAV.
what gateway?

Ok, why some people claiming that you do not need to do coding? I don't get that
He's talking about the CAN gateway (address 19). IIRC, Byte 6 in the coding has a check box for enabling/disabling Navigation. I don't know why some people claim that no coding is required, however. I did try to recode the CAN gateway in my Q7 to exclude Nav, but that simply caused a fault code to be generated

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
mksap11 said:
audi4man said:
TDiAvant said:
You will need to code the can gateway for for NAV.
what gateway?

Ok, why some people claiming that you do not need to do coding? I don't get that
He's talking about the CAN gateway (address 19). IIRC, Byte 6 in the coding has a check box for enabling/disabling Navigation. I don't know why some people claim that no coding is required, however. I did try to recode the CAN gateway in my Q7 to exclude Nav, but that simply caused a fault code to be generated
Thanks man ...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts