Audi Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello

On my last A6 C5 I fitted an RNSE and was able to code it such that the street / road name was on the DIS even if the RNSE was not on point to point NAV mode. On my new A6 C6 2007 Avant, and it has a factory fitted MMI , I only get the road and street name on the DIS if I am actually in Navigation mode, does anyone have access to the codes for the new DIS interface with the Nav unit, or are they the same as the older RNSE system?

Thanks
:)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
You didn't code the RNS-E do show the street, you just checked the option to show a compass under NAV / Setup. Did you check if the same option is available on the MMI?

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No not yet, I have not even plugged the Vag Com into the new car yet, I recall I had an issue with the DIS on my old car and I believe it was yourself who advised on the correct number to put on the cluster set up. On my old car after your advice I was able to get the street name by clicking through the menu on the stalk whether in nav mode or not, where on the new MMI the way it is set up by Audi you only get street names (and all the other info like turning on the DIS) when in actual A to B nav mode, its no big deal really but it was helpful sometimes just to see the name of the street you are on even when not navigating.
Thanks again for your help I will delve a bit deeper into the coding of the new car.

Cheers :)

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
On the RNS-E it has nothing to do with coding whether or not you see the compass and street name your are on. It's a settings accessible through the user interface, no VAG-COM required.

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
@ Sloper
Sorry for you but that feature in MMI normally doesn't exist. If you want to see the street name in DIS yoo must activate Navigation :(

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Correct

a4ss4abt said:
@ Sloper
Sorry for you but that feature in MMI normally doesn't exist. If you want to see the street name in DIS yoo must activate Navigation :(

1 - 6 of 6 Posts