Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wiring harness is missing pin D14 which is the alarm GND pin. Will this cause any problems? If so how do I add the pin, if not I guess i'm good to go as the other Pins are perfect.

Thanks,

Scott

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
Based on what has been posted so far, the only downside may be that your RNS-E will completely power off later than necessary. If that wire is the only one missing and everythign else is correct, you may be fine just leaving it as it is. Or get a couple repair wires the next time you are at the Audi dealer and fix it yourselves without getting a new adapter.

·
Registered
172 Posts
My previous adaptor did not have that wire, and everything worked just fine. There were no delays in powering down (in a 2002 C5 A6). My current harness has this wire, and there is no noticeable difference. I think NSX JR mentioned tome a while back that the only difference with that wire missing was if the headunit is taken out, it is not tied into the car's alarm. Of course, if someone broke into the car already...shouldn't the alarm be going off already (assuming the car was locked properly).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.