Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 2002 A6 B5 that have a standard steering wheel without the buttons on the side. I would like to know if i can add the buttons on the side or do i need to replace the whole steering wheel or replace the air bag assembly so i can use it with my RNSE. If this is possible what parts do i need to make this thing work.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I've believe I've got the airbag with the MF buttons you'll need to make this work. Along with the control module to allow MFSW capability.

I'm sure that someone will chime in here to let you know what you'll need. Keep me in mind when your looking for your parts as I was going to sell this stuff to Teddybgame but he couldn't wait any longer for the parts and found them elsewhere. That's why I believe I have some of the right parts for what you are wanting to do.

·
Registered
737 Posts
My airbag is black.

·
Registered
737 Posts
Post what you have now and what car.

·
Registered
737 Posts
I may have a few things you'll need but I'd check with Teddybgame as I think he has the same car and did exactly what you want to do.

I believe you'll need:

Steering Wheel
Airbag with multi function buttons
S/C ring
SCSM (control module)

I have a couple things you might need that came out of my 2005 B6 S4. I have the airbag with multi function buttons and control module. Let me know if you need these things.

·
Registered
112 Posts
MFSW for C5

Hi. I make lots of typo's. Probably a few in this post! If you have an A6 C5 you may be interested to know I am in the process of writing up the research, design and implemenation of a MFSW/Tiptronic/Heated wheel installation in a C5 allroad. The order for all the myriad parts was placed two days ago. I expect to recieve them this time next week. NSX JR has agreed to host the write up. It will be in two parts. The first is research and design - a great deal of text (already written) with some photo's which I am shooting now. Part 2 will cover the implementation, and will be a photo essay. NSX JR and TeddyBGame have kindly agreed to act as the review team. Be warned, it ain't simple! Or cheap. Part 1 should be available by the end of October. I hope to release part 2 in time for Christmas as a present to the navplus.US community, who have helped me so much.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts