Audi Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i have now bought everything to fit my 3 spoke MFSW but i have a few questions that i hope someone could answer as i am unsure about starting it with these in mind

Proxus did an excellent write up about his MFSW swap but one thing i am unclear about is the SC ring. He states if you buy the B7 SC ring the wiring modification is not required but if you buy the B6 SC ring it will be required. i have bought the 4E0 953 541 B is this the B7 or B6 and its going in a B6 A4 so do i need to modify the wiring.

Second on the new SC ring i have bought its says "set to centre posistion do not alter this adjustment" does that mean i set the little arrow to point up to where i think the centre of the wheel is or do i have to line this up with the 2 arrorws on the outside of the ring.

my other one is will i have voice control with my rev C RNSE only with my BT tel module i know it wont work SDS on the nav.

there is a red plug pushed into the new SC ring when do i remove it as i am worried if i do i will ruin a setting or something.

and lastly i took AudiA4B6US advice and i am glad i did and bought VAG.com but i dont understand how you calculate the soft coding numbers is there a way to work this out.

i know you all are proberly fed up with answering these types of questions and NSX JR has been brilliant advising me but i am still a bit unsure of the way to go before i wreck my car please could you bear with me i will learn quickly i am not an idiot

thanks

Scott

·
Registered
737 Posts
I just did the swap myself. I would recommend you getting the B7 S/C ring. The only wiring modification you'll need to do is the airbag wiring harness and then swap out the yellow 4 pin harness that plugs in the back of the S/C ring.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for replying i have bought the B7 SC ring and have the wiring harness with the orange and green airbag plugs and the yellow connector which looks like it plugs into the B7 SC ring but i also ordered the following part number 4E0 972 133 but this is on back order so i havnt got this yet have everything else what is this for i noticed there is a V shaped plug on the B7 SC ring is it for there if not what is this for

·
Registered
737 Posts
The part number 4E0 972 133 is the little yellow 4 pin connector that goes in the back of the B7 S/C ring.

What you'll have to do is remove your existing yellow 4 pin harness and put this one in place of it. Your existing yellow pin removes very easily by sliding the top part over and off. You need to pay attention to which wire is pin 3 and pin 4 because these need to go back into the correct position in your new 4 pin connector.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you what does it mean on the SC ring about setting it to centre and when do i pull the red plastic plug out of the SC ring.

thank you for your help on this its all becoming alot clearer do you mind if i as you any questions on the VAG com as thats seems to be the other thing i am unsure of

many thanks

·
Registered
737 Posts
i basically put the S/C ring on, then pulled the red tag. The wheel seems to be pretty much straight as it is. But you do want to make sure that wheels are staight before you start.

·
Registered
345 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Todd,

thank you for all your help i am going to do the MFSW on Thursday i just wanted to ask one last question how did you remove the pins for the replacement connector that goes on the back of the SC ring which way is the best way to do it i am worried i might damage the pins when i pull them out of the old plug

thanks

Scott

·
Registered
737 Posts
Before you start pulling the pins, the harness needs to be taken apart. Which is pretty easy since it comes apart. The top part just needs to slide off of the bottom. Once the harness is apart don't lose which pin is what. I'll email you a picture of the yellow harness, id you provide me with your email address.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts