1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
currently i've got there:
- MKII TT MFSW (8J0 419 091 B)

- MKII TT airbag (8J0 880 201 D 6PS)

- S/C flat contact housing (4E0 972 133)

i'm still waiting for the following:
- S/C ring (4E0 953 541 B)
- S/C control module (8E0 953 549 R)

now i was told that while i'm waiting for the S/C ring and control module, i could, in the meantime, just pick-up the S/C flat contact housing and go ahead w/ the steering wheel installation w/ the only caviat that the MF wouldn't work until i got the remaining parts...

but now that i've got the S/C flat contact housing i get the feeling it's got nothing to do w/ installing the airbag w/o the MF... and i'm also starting to wonder if i'm not going to be missing one harness: the one that goes from the connector of the airbarg to the flat contact housing (4F0 971 589 A)... will i?

i currently have a B6A4 w/o MF, so i doubt that harness is already there, is it?

this is all too confusing... :roll: but i'll get to the bottom of it!!! :wink:

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
bump... anyone...

·
Registered
1,295 Posts
No you don't need extra-harness .
I see the only harness needed in your Airbag picture.
Don't forget to modify that harness for your B6.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
alright i've got one more question (for now) on this retrofit...

this is my airbag connector (8J0.971.589.A):

now i'm comparing it to msullx harness and obviously i don't have the MF part of the harness on mine...

msullx said:

Airbag cable with MFSW connector - 8P0 971 589 Q
then i look at the pics PROXUS had up of the connections for the B7 MFSW and well obviously mine is missing a few...

mine:

PROXUS

now i'm still waiting for the S/C ring (4E0 953 541 B) and S/C control module (8E0 953 549 R), so is the MF harness going to come w/ either the ring or the control module, or is that something else i need to order?

(click the images to see larger versions)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Hi, I'm going to retrofit this wheel on my A3 8P, the same, I have it at home, you need a new airbag cable because I don't see the black connector that goes to the wheel, I have purchased today this, part: 8J0 971 589 B do you have this?

what's the meaning of S/C ?

I'm from spain and my english is terrible.

regards!

·
Registered
1,295 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Avantéix, very cool looking wheel. I was thinking about retrofitting my B6 S4 sport wheel (no MF) with the same wheel and I have a few questions.

1. I was wondering how the dimensions of that TT wheel compares to my current wheel. Could you measure the diameter of your TT wheel from across the MF controls (edge of outside wheel to outside edge of the other side) and measure the thickness of the wheel by measuring the circumference of the wheel at 12 o'clock and at the thickest part of the wheel.

2. I trust you are getting full functionality of your MFSW controls, correct?

3. Any other TT steering wheel options that you know of (heat, red stitching, S decal spot (like new S3 wheel))?

4. Are there other trim codes that go at the end of the steering wheel part#; a dealer I called needed the rest of the #?

5. What does the S/C ring and S/C control module do (what does S/C stand for?)?

6. Also, how much did setup cost for the parts and how much labor time do you estimate for the entire job?

Sorry for all of the questions. Thanks.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
here are the dimensions of the wheel:
- diameter: 14" 1/4 || 36cm
- circumference at 10 o'clock: 4" 1/2 || 11.5cm
- circumference at 12 o'clock: 4" 1/8 || 10.5cm

as the wheel still hasn't been installed i cannot comment on whether or not all the functions are working or how long it takes to install it. the wheel and its airbag cost me around $800 on eBay.de.

this is the part number i have for the wheel:

·
Registered
11 Posts
YO!

Stephane, i'm gonna be in the same boat as you soon... allthough i'm only going with the 2005 USP steering wheel w/ tip controls... let me know how yours progresses!

Ordered the seat heat harness from vagparts for my heated seat conversion, i'll keep you posted!

Brian

1 - 12 of 12 Posts