Audi Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a source in Germany that can source the elusive MFSW mod for full functionality on some models. Allows use of buttons to control radio and Phone. PN for '616' is 4B0907487F. The difference is 616 is for MT and 618 for Tip. Dealer price is around $250 and some sell for a little less. There are complete details on modules and uses in NSXJR.com installations manuals (Thanks Lee).

Add your name and target price for a group buy. :!:

·
Registered
235 Posts
I tried calling this huge Audi junk yard in NY (shokan) and they don't even have any of these modules which I personally believe is BS!
Maybe someone with a little more suave can call them and ask where they keep them?
*laughs* it's not like you can really damage this module!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Shokan not too bright!

Ya I was working with them too, and they said they had the part then I never heard from them when a week later it had not shipped yet then had to call THEM 4 or 5 times to get someone to give me any update finally they left the ball dropped and I moved on. Good luck best bet is to buy new, finding used in the US will be tough.

·
Registered
235 Posts
*shrugs* I guess I just find it funny with all the junked cars from Katrina and other natural disasters - it takes a hell of a lot to destroy this module i'm sure!
*sighs* lazyness of american's I swear! He he, the price we all pay for being in the usa! *laughs*

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
True, how true.....

However the reason this module is hard to find in the US because the model year cars with MFSW and RNS-E were never an option available in the US. So unless someone has a rare (really rare) combination or brought the module from EU the US production cars won't have it. Try 4usedaudiparts.com or if you are willing to pay $200 to $225 I can give you contact for new parts. These are sources I found while doing my diggin'

·
Registered
58 Posts
Can you give me a brief idea on the work to integrate this?

I have a B6 S4 and have been thinking about getting MFSW since I have RNS-E. How difficult is this since I have a non- MFSW and a stick shift? If we can briefly sum up the work it might help the group buy.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts