Audi Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for instruction of install RNS-E to single din A4 8E,
I have got all the stuff, but can not find any guide. Is anyone has it, please send to me. (step by step guide with pictures will be great)

·
Registered
98 Posts
I have done this retrofit. I took german instructions and converted to English. When I get home, I will check to see if I still have the document. It worked for me, but you still may need to figure some things out. But it is a good reference if you are mechanically inclined.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I guess this comprehensive write up is what you need -
http://www.harddrive.plus.com/Documents/A4/Installing Sat Nav in A4.pdf

It has pretty much everything you need to tackle the install.. including triming the centre console. (take it easy and slow) You will also need to trim the plastic tray (adjacent to the ashtray) if you want to fit it back in place below the new climate control, just to fill up the gap. Remember trim off JUST A LITTLE BIT WILL DO, its not necessary to cut it in half as stated in the instructions.

When I did mine, this article wasnt available... I managed to scratch the ESP button (replacement cost me $60 from the dealer) ... so make sure you mask off everything with plenty of masking tape before you start!

Dont forget to take plenty of pics to show us!
Good luck!

Ernest

·
Registered
98 Posts
I guess you don't need my document. That writeup looks great. As you test your climate control, be careful. I scratched my sides up pretty good. You should tak off a little at a time, but be careful not to scratch like I did trying to force it in.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.