Audi Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for a can adapter (input is analog signal output should be can).
I have tried to buy it from an ebay action but never received the product.
Some one around here should have bought the same product or knows where to buy such a product.

My car is an A4 Avant from 2001. The navigation unit is already installed and working except the can. So I am not able to see the ID tag's in the infomodule in the dashboard and the navi is not so accurate (this because it is missing some can signals).

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
And you wont be able to either, with or without a can adaptor.

The RNS-E generates info on to the infotainment can bus for the DIS, if your DIS (instrument cluster) supports can then you can just wire the 2 devices together. The can bus pins are available on the back of the cluster.

If not, if your DIS is the older clk/data type display, then it will never work with or without an adaptor.

You may be lucky, your car may be a late 2001 and have a can bus dash. If it does, illumination, power, and DIS will all work maybe even speed pulse.

Check your cluster out to see.

Craig

·
Registered
65 Posts
do you have a digital clock/calendar on your instruments? if so, you have can bus, but its probably not connected.

what radio did you have before the rns-e install?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
My previous radio was a concert 1.

But it is not the point that my dis is not going to work, The main point is tha I need a can-bus interface which is "translating" analog signal into can signals.

This what I need for the ilumination (of the buttons on the rns-e), auto switch on/off and more accurate position.

I can not find this interface. I tried to order one at Ebay but they have never delivered it.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
Before you buy such a device, have you tried you cluster for can signals?

As I said, there is a good chance that they are there and you can use them for illumination/speed?DIS etc.

Pins 21 & 22 of the green connector on the back of your cluster.

Craig

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Oh craigyb now i understand what you mean. Also without the interface it might work. I will look for these signals at the cluster.
The are not present at the cabletree that was used for the old radio (concert 1).
That gave me the feeling that there will be no can onboard.

That for this, I will update this topic soon (probably this weekend).

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi

This interests me in the sense that I don’t have CAN H or L wires at the back of my instrument cluster. I dont have the grey connector. I want to replace my instrument cluster for my car A6 2000. It has a digital clock but somehow I never have been able to locate the CAN wires.

I have located two instrument cluster in Ebay.de but not sure if they are the right ones. I am not even sure if this is the best way to resolve my problem.

any help will be most appreciated.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts