Audi Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well since i've just about run out of idea to get my BT to work again, i was wondering if someone would be kind enough to test my BT module for me...

i was hoping someone would be able to swap my BT module w/ theirs and see if it works w/ their set-up. doing so would either eliminate the BT module as the source of the problem or identify it as being the problem.

i would indeed cover all s&h since i doubt i'll be able to find someone in the Bay area...

TIA!

btw any way to have BT work in NA w/ on Euro software?

·
Registered
6,767 Posts
I would help you but I'm not going to remove my seat again ;-)

The US DVD can only be made working with Euro sw 0160 or older, and only Euro software 0360 or newer includes the phone control routines. I doubt that this can be changed easily, so the answer to your last question is no.

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
OH COME ON!!!!!!!! :lol: :wink:

why did you go put it under the seat?!?!?

well that's a shame b/c i'm not liking the NA software... the lines on the maps look like they've been drawn by hand by a 2 years old... imo the colour schema pales in comparison to the Euro maps... :roll:

i volunteer you to look into that... :wink:

·
Registered
517 Posts
Well, you just might be able to find someone in the Bay Area :D

Where exactly are you located, I could help you test, if we can find a time and place. Send me an email (not PM) and we can discuss it.

Bjarne

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
ygm!!! :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
thanks Lee! since Bjarne is local and willing to help i'll take him up on his offer... but i do appreciate your offer to help!

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
so i met Bjarne earlier today to trouble shoot my issues w/ my BT... so we took my BT and plugged it in Bjarne A6's and Bjarne used his phone to find and connect to the BT... it worked... hum... okay... so i started to think, "well it's either coding or wirring"... so we took the BT back to the Avant, plugged it in and long and behold Bjarne's phone was still connected to it... so my next thoughts were "crap it's got to be my phone, a Motorola V57, then"... Bjarne suggested giving another try finding the BT w/ my phone which i thought sure why not, not really expecting that to work... and well it found it and paired w/ it... :shock:

so long story short... everything works, i've got no idea why... but oh well...

thanks Bjarne for letting me drop by and testing my BT... :D

·
Registered
249 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i had paired it before... it was working a minute then the next nothing... i had it working from the very first time i installed it to the time i did repair to my CAN wires... once the repairs were done it worked for about an hour and then went dead...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts