Audi Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have had my rns-e working fine for 6 months in 2001 A6, just recently the location on navigation keeps jumping ahead by maybe a couple of hundred yards. So say when i get up to a T-junction instead of being where it should be on the map it shows me as being 200 yards in front in a field! Or it could even show me as being on a different road just paralell to the one im actually on.

Heres what I've tried so far:

Satalites seem ok - 5/6 nearly all the time.

Removed GPS from behind instrument cluster to on top of the dash.

Checked the tap onto the speed signal wire behind instrument cluster.

In engineer mode under Nav sensor info the vehicle signal shows double the speed im doing.

Also in engineer mode under location info the speed level is set to hi (can this be altered via vag-com)

And last thing in engineering mode under gps signal info the gps speed in almost perfect, maybe 1 or 2 mph under the speed im actually doing but i believe this is normal.

Can anyone sheed some light on this or had this happen to them as i dont know what to do next.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
Sounds like the calibration value on the speed signal is incorrect.

Have you changed tyres recently?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No the tyres haven't been changed. The only thing that i've done to the car in the past month is give it an oil change.

So how would I re-calibrate the rns-e?

Charlie

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
zombie4616 said:
So how would I re-calibrate the rns-e?
Using VAG-COM change the value in address 56, channel 2 to zero.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've gone onto address 56 but i'm not sure what I need to change. Sorry but i've not really used the vag-com yet, and i don't want to screw anything up. Could you help me out a bit please.

Charlie

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
PetrolDave said:
Anyone know if this can be done with an un-regestered version of Vag-Com 409.1? As I'm having trouble finding where I need to change this value.

Charlie

·
Premium Member
11,350 Posts
zombie4616 said:
PetrolDave said:
Anyone know if this can be done with an un-regestered version of Vag-Com 409.1? As I'm having trouble finding where I need to change this value.

Charlie
IIRC you need to have a registered version to be able to change codings and the settings in adaptation channels.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have gone onto adaptation, channel 1 shows 1930 and channel 2 shows 8. When I try to change channel 2 to 0 and test it then wont allow me to save. It does the same for 1 2 and 3. But any numbers above this it will allow me to save. This is with a registered version. Any ideas why it wont let me save it at 0?

Charlie

1 - 8 of 8 Posts