Audi Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just hooked my RNS-E and I only get the last XM station I had playing before disconecting old radio and I get no list just a message to contact dealer...I think I need to upgrade the module but can't find it!

TIA

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
I already replied to this question from you in the multimedia forum. It is behind the left side trunk panel. Unfortunately in the cab you don't have the little door like the sedan/avant so you have to pull the trunk panel out to get to it.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you so much...

I could not find my post...did not realize I posted in wrong forum! :shock:

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The actual radio swap didn't take much more than 10 minutes with the adapter...just be sure to put the keys in the right the way and the radio pops right out. Plug in the adapter and pop the nav in...just have the appropriate adapters to start with.

As far as the antenna goes that was maybe another 20 minutes... I just removed my glove box and put the receiver up as far as I could get it, I have been getting 5 - 8 satellites so far. Most recommend to put it under the instrument cluster, I could not find any pics of removing a cab cluster so didn't chance it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Thanks for the reply, but I'm talking about the time to swap the satellite receiver, not the head unit. So how long does it take to remove the left side trunk panel, swap sat receiver, and reinstall trunk panel (if you were to switch from Sirius to XM for example, so all connections are already there). Thanks.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Now I got ya :lol:

I was trying to decide if it was time to make the Sirius switch...I think the units are lot more than the XM ones?? Any recommendations from anyone on where to purchase?

I will post my install results when I finish...

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
Give yourself an hour at least if you have never had your car apart. It is not really hard, but take your time. You have to remove the rear cross panel trim first before you can pull the left side trim into the trunk to get to the sat tuner.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.